Role: Trainee Position - Asbestos Analyst
Location: Manchester & Brentwood
Salary: Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle + Excellent Benefits
Trainee Position - Asbestos Analyst
Trainee position - no experience required. Train with the best, to become a qualified asbestos analyst.
As a Trainee Asbestos Analyst, you will be put through a rigorous training plan at our Manchester Head Office and will work towards the qualifications required to qualify as an Asbestos Analyst (BOHS P403 & P404). You will be responsible for airborne fibre monitoring and analysis in a range of industrial, commercial and residential properties.
Once you have qualified; you will be able to carry out a number of air tests including smoke, background, leak, reassurance, 4 stage clearances, re-occupation and personal air testing to a high standard. This involves calculating and running air pumps and using microscopes to analyse the results. All work is to be carried out and comply with strict guidelines and procedures set out in the HSG 248 Analyst Guide.
No prior experience is required as full training is given, however, a general understanding of construction or trades would be beneficial. Training will take place in our Manchester Head Office and you must be available to travel to Manchester for the first initial period of employment. Accommodation and expenses will be provided.
- Learn the principles of the HSG 248 Analyst Guide
- Work towards and pass the BOHS P403 & P404 exams
- Learn to carry out 4 stage clearances, air test backgrounds, leaks, personals and reassurances
- Ensure that all work is completed to a high standard – following AEC and UKAS procedures
- Follow strict procedures when going through the decontamination process
- Develop a professional approach to site works
- Travel to and work at various client sites which include domestic properties, universities, offices, hospitals, retail stores, restaurants, schools, factories, warehouses etc.
In order to make a great Trainee Asbestos Analyst we look for the following essentials and teach the rest;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to talk to clients and colleagues at all levels
- Punctual, reliable and well organised
- Inquisitive by nature and eager for continual learning
- Min of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and away from home
- Understanding of construction sector/trades is beneficial
- Must have a full UK Driving license – manual
- Flexibility to work across the South East and further afield as and when needed
Why Work For Us:
You will receive a competitive salary, increasing as you progress through AEC, excellent benefits and world class training at our in-house training facility.
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Structured training and development – this will be conducted at our Manchester Head Office
- Company vehicle once qualified
- Private healthcare
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra holidays after a qualifying period + a buy back scheme
- Profit related pay
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- Staff referral scheme
- Professional training and development
- Sports & Social Club (Crystal Maze, clay pigeon shooting, theatre trips, spa days etc.)
- Charity events - Triathlons, bake offs, etc
We are an independent environmental consultant who specialise in Asbestos, Legionella & Water, Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety, fire and we are one of the largest BOHS training providers in the UK. Today we have over 140 staff working across our Manchester and Essex offices.
Press apply now to send us your CV and covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions please contact Tracey Dawson on 0161 872 7111
AEC are committed to promoting equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.