Role: Trainee Position - Assistant Asbestos Surveyors
Location: Manchester & Brentwood
Salary: 20,319 + Excellent Benefits
Trainee Position - Assistant Asbestos Surveyor
Manchester & Essex
£20,319+ Excellent benefits
AEC is recruiting for Assistant Surveyors, to work within our fantastic Asbestos Surveying team.
As an Assistant Surveyor, you will work alongside qualified Surveyors on various client sites and assisting with domestic, commercial and industrial asbestos surveys. The surveys include taking samples from a number of varying materials that could contain asbestos, this means that you could be working in ducts, lofts, on roofs etc.
Development/progression - You will learn about the industry and asbestos in detail and whilst working as an Assistant Surveyor you will be continually assessed for the first year in the position. Following this you will be considered for progression to Trainee Asbestos Analyst / Trainee Asbestos Surveyor position, dependent upon successful exam passes.
No prior experience is required; however, a general understanding of construction and trades would be beneficial.
- Assist on a range of asbestos surveys from re-inspection to refurbishment and demolition
- Travel to and work at various client sites which include domestic properties, universities, offices, hospitals, retail stores, restaurants, schools, factories, warehouses etc.
- Develop a full understanding of legislation surrounding surveying
- Assist with bulk sample taking
- Equipment set up – scaffolding, cherry pickers, ladders etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to talk to clients and colleagues at all levels
- IT skills - experienced in the use of tablets, PCs, Excel, & drawing packages ideally
- Punctual, reliable and well organised
- Inquisitive by nature and eager for continual learning
- Min of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a team and take direction from a Lead Surveyor
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and away from home
- Understanding of construction sector/trades is beneficial
- Must have a full UK Driving license
Why Work For Us:
- Private healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme - including legal advice and counselling
- Maternity / parental leave
- 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Extra holidays after qualifying period + buy-back scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- Professional training and development
- Sick pay
- Sports & Social Club (Crystal Maze, clay pigeon shooting, afternoon tea, theatre trips, triathlon)
We are an independent environmental consultant who specialise in Asbestos, Legionella & Water, Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety, fire and we are one of the largest BOHS training providers in the UK. Today we have over 140 staff working across our Manchester and Essex offices.
Press apply now to send us your CV and covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions please contact Tracey Dawson on 0161 872 7111
AEC are committed to promoting equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.