AEC's experts understand the history of asbestos, it uses, its regulatory history, and its epidemiology and can therefore provide technical analysis and advice in these areas:
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, and historical asbestos legislation preceding this.
- RIDDOR 2013
- CDM 2015 concerning duties around asbestos.
- COSHH 2002 (as amended) (Legionella)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (Legionella)
Our experienced team can provide assistance with report writing, onsite investigations, reviewing witness statements, breaches of legislation, meeting and court attendance. Our experts have experience of providing reports for the court in accordance with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules and the Code of Practice for experts.
Previous case studies include:
- Defence reports and joint expert reports for the court in HSE and local authority prosecutions for asbestos contamination incidents.
- Investigation into historical exposure to asbestos in the workplace and to establish the probability of the long-term health effects. Factual expert evidence for the court in civil claims
- Investigation of incidents involving the disturbance of ACMs in the workplace. Factual expert reports for the court on methodology, best practice and current standards.
- Investigations into the health effects from working with different asbestos products, and probability of ill-health from historical exposures, and providing reports for the court.
- Investigation and assessment of compliance with current and historical legislation.
- Investigations into poor quality asbestos surveys for a refurbishment/demolition project which detailed missed ACMs, poor compliance and the high potential for exposure, and any resultant project costs. Reports provided for the court in civil claims.
- Investigations into residual contamination following asbestos abatement projects, and liability for costs and potential exposures, in residential educational and commercial properties.
- Investigations into potential for contamination following break ins.